Vienna Diaries with Hilton Vienna Plaza: Part 1


Friday, June 24, 2016

I woke up to a 3.30 am alarm which already became part of my routine. June has been busy with traveling: Greece, France, Poland, and now Austria! 6 am flights are my favorite. I love taking my coffee in the airport and watching people getting ready for their journeys. This time, I was really thrilled: I could not wait to discover the spirit of Vienna for the first time. 

Plus, I was sure the place of my stay would help me feel the vibes of the city.We arrived at Hilton Vienna Plaza around 10 am. The city had already woken up. Streets looked full of busy Austrians. I was watching the beautiful architecture of Vienna through the taxi window and knew we were in the centre already - approaching our home for the next 3 days.

Hilton Vienna Plaza looked shiny and welcoming. The hall was amazing at first sight. I felt like I was taken to the golden 1920s. A bunch of businessmen with their modern suitcases reminded me of reality. Friendly staff welcomed us and accompanied us to our Penthouse Corner Suite.

I have traveled to quite many places. But never have I stayed in this kind of a room. It was the biggest and the most beautiful hotel room that I had ever seen. The interior design reminded me of the Art Deco lobby I had just come from. 

What I love about such hotel rooms are the small details which create comfortable and luxury atmosphere. The ornament of the sofa matching the carpet, colours of sofas matching the body cream packaging or little snacks waiting for us next to a handwritten personal invitation for a drink in Emile Bar.

The afternoon went by very fast. We were getting lost in the tiny streets of Vienna, resting in the shadows of Belvedere and seeing the masterpieces by Gustav Klimt.

It was a very long day. I am feeling fresh and sleepy after a bubbly bath. I've applied some body cream and wrapped myself in a soft robe. Time to relax and enjoy some reading. I am afraid this kingsize bed will not let me read for too long.
Good night.



12 comments:

  1. what an amazing room! glad you had a nice trip! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful setting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, you look stunning as always. Kisses from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun in Vienna !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dream place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos =-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice post! i am glad to see you traveling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous room Anna, you are truly lucky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your robe from Victorias Secret ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful place and beautiful girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean a lot to me.
You make my day.